American Statistical Association (ASA) Club
About the Club
The WSU Graduate Student Chapter of the American Statistical Association (ASA) is a newly formed club open to graduate students studying statistics and is designed to promote statistics knowledge, share ideas, and encourage friendship amoung graduate students.
- President: Mahedi Hasan
- Vice President: Shivani Sawant
- Secretary: Harshita Agrawal
- Treasurer: Jacqueline Rose Carlton
- Professor Nairanjana (Jan) Dasgupta
3 Minute Thesis Competition
On November 29, 2022, the American Statistical Association (ASA) chapter at WSU will host the Department of Mathematics & Statistics Three Minute Thesis Competition (3MT). It is a university-based competition for graduate students to present their research to a lay audience with the help of only a single static slide in three minutes. Mathematics and statistics graduate students are invited to present their research.
- A $100 scholarship award will be given to the top participant who will be eligible to participate in the CAS 3-Minute Thesis Contest.
- A $50 scholarship award will be given to the next two best participants.
- A $10 gift card will be given to every participant.
When and Where: 11/29/22 from 4:10pm - 5:30 pm in SPARK 212.
Register online: https://forms.gle/ccHV6uyHShqJ98RM8.
Registration deadline: November 21, 2022 at midnight.
Questions?: Contact Mahedi Hasan at email@example.com.