- If you use firefox, visit about:config, If you use chrome, visit chrome://about. If you use safari, just look at what Steve wanted you to look at.
- Visit file:///. What is that about?
- Visit http://math.wsu.edu
- Visit http://www.sci.wsu.edu/math. What do you notice?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:80. Does this look familiar?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:81.
- Visit http://220.127.116.11 and http://18.104.22.168/math . Obviously, we have just found several ways to contact the same computer, with different sites according to how we specify the URL.
- Find the name of the computer 22.214.171.124.
- Find the IP address of www.sci.wsu.edu.
- Visit https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 What is the ? about? How about the https?
- Visit whatismyipaddress.com. Enter the address 126.96.36.199 in the text box. Explain.
- Visit traceroute.org
The last test will take place at the final exam time on Tuesday, 12 December, from 1:30-3:30. It will be written as a one-hour (not 50 minute) exam, but you may have the full two hours for it. In other respects it will be very like the other tests, but comprehensive - it will emphasize Python, but cover all the topics we have seen. There is a Sample Exam, but be aware that things will have changed somewhat with the advent of ChatGPT.
The scores are posted on the Info tab at My.math. Notify the instructor of discrepancies immediately.