For this assignment you must copy the file at this location to your directory, and then create a CSS file to format it so that it looks more or less like this image.
A few things should be noted.
- You may not change any HTML. All changes in appearance must be made in the separate CSS file.
- The details of appearance will depend on the size and shape of the browser window. The picture always stays at the right of the window, and the center section grows and shrinks to fill the space around the picture. Thus, do not worry unreasonably about the position of words on the page. Do note that we used a clear attribute on the footer to cause it to ignore the picture.
- The links in the navigation area turn yellow when you mouse over them, and the float attribute was used generously to arrange them.
- Observe that most of the document uses a sans-serif font, but the navigation links are italicized from a serif font.
- To turn in the assignment, mail your completed CSS file to the instructor. He will view his own copy of the HTML using your CSS. Thus, you see he has a copy of the HTML - don't send that.
The assignment is worth 35 points, and is due at 9:00 AM on Thursday, 8 September.
The last test will take place at the final exam time, Monday 12 December, 1:30-3:30. It will be written as a one-hour in-class on-line test. As usual, you can use any resources you want. A Sample Exam is available. Note that the URL for the exam will not be emailed to all. If you need to take the exam from outside class, contact the instructor to get on the email list.
Assignment B is posted.
Most recent scores are on-line at My.math. Check the Info page. Let the instructor know if you find a discrepancy.