Graduate Degree Information
Website Update - Applications Open F24
The WSU Department of Mathematics & Statistics is now accepting applications for Spring 2024, with preference for PhD Statistical Science applicants. Other applicants for the PhD Mathematics program or MS programs may be considered for admission, but there is a smaller likelihood of funding being available for these degree options.
The deadline for Spring 2024 consideration is September 10th. We encourage you to apply now at https://gradschool.wsu.edu/apply/.
Applicants to all degree options starting Fall 2024 will be considered for assistantship positions, which come with a tuition waiver and stipend. The application will open in September, and the deadline to apply for Fall 2024 is January 10th, 2024. There is no separate application for assistantship positions.
The GRE is not required. There are no application fee waivers available.
For more information about our graduate programs or the application process, please contact the graduate coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current graduate study offerings:
- M.S. in Mathematics, including options in:
- Applied Mathematics
- Mathematics Teaching
- M.S. in Statistics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, including options in:
- Applied Mathematics
- Education emphasis
- Ph.D. in Statistical Science
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching College Mathematics
- Graduate Minor in Statistics
Complete details about these programs may be found in the:
- Mathematics & Statistics Graduate Student Handbook
- Curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Teaching College Mathematics
- Curriculum for the Graduate Minor in Statistics
- Archived Handbook Version - October 2022
- Consult the application checklist.
- Apply online at the Graduate School.
- Housing, Dining, and Resident Life.
- The City of Pullman and community.
Deciding on a Graduate Advisor and Committee
- You may select a graduate advisor and committee members from the following gradute faculty.
Links of Interest to Current and Future Students
- Feel free to directly contact math graduate faculty members for information on research projects, and visit the research page for information on areas of active research.
- Graduate course descriptions and scheduled offerings.
- Research Topics.
- The Mathematics Graduate Program follows these Bylaws.
- There is a LaTeX style file for use in typesetting your Ph.D. thesis.
- Funding and travel opportunities for graduate students.
WSU Graduate School
- General information on graduate studies may be found at the Graduate School.
- Graduate School Forms
- Graduate Student Policies and Procedures
- Graduate School FAQ page
- Graduate School Orientation Videos - helpful videos (and PowerPoint slides) on: You and Your Mentor; Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct; Financial Aid; Scholarships; Assistantships; Grands & Fellowships; Health & Wellness Services; Health Insurance; and State Residency.