WSU Actuarial Science Club
The purpose of the WSU Actuarial Science Club is to focus on preparing aspiring actuaries for exams and internships. Periodic visits are scheduled to companies employing actuarials for networking opportunities, fostering communication, and enriching student relations and experiences.
Members of the Actuarial Science Club include actuarial students (who are math majors) as well as interested students from the Business and Economics Department. Activities include talking about networking and development, as well as preparation for the actuarial exams. In Spring 2019, the club will host speakers from the following insurance companies:
- The chief actuary from Berkeley North Pacific in late February 2019.
- A representative of Premera Blue Cross / Blue Shield in March 2019.
Information about about internships is available at the club meetings as well as on Facebook and Cougsync.
- The club meets every other Wednesday at 3:00pm in Neill 216 (Hacker Lounge).
- The Spring 2019 meeting dates are: 1/30, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/20, 4/3 and 4/17.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
- Check out the club flier.
Come to a meeting if you are interested in learning more about the field of actuarial science!