Frequently Asked Questions
For a pdf file of these questions and answers you may click here.
- What is the WSU MPA?
- How long will the assessment take, and what materials will I need?
- What happens if I do not complete a placement assessment in the allotted time?
- What other special directions do I need to follow when taking the WSU MPA?
- May I practice before going to the WSU MPA?
- Is the WSU MPA available in Spanish?
- Where do I go to access the WSU MPA?
- When should I take the WSU MPA?
- Does progress in an ALEKS Prep and Learning Module count towards placement?
- What if my computer crashes while taking the assessment?
- What type of computer do I need to use?
- How many questions are on the WSU MPA?
- Once I answer a question, can I go back and change my answer?
- How is my score calculated?
- Do I need to install any plug-ins prior to taking the WSU MPA?
- Is there a fee for taking this assessment?
- How many times can I take the WSU MPA?
- How long are my placement scores valid?
- I just want to repeat my last math course. Do I need to take the WSU MPA?
- How can I find out what score I need on the WSU MPA?
- What if I have College Math credits, like AP, IB, or Running Start credits?
- What if I reassess and do worse?
- Where does my score appear?
- What can I do if my score does not place me where I would like to start?
- What happens if I get a message saying, "Our system does not recogize that you are set up to access the ALEKS system"?
The Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC)
Need to find information about the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC), an assessment for high school students? Click here.