Frequently Asked Questions
For a pdf file of these questions and answers you may click here.
- What is the WSU MPA?
- How long will the assessment take, and what materials will I need?
- What happens if I do not complete a placement assessment in the allotted time?
- What other special directions do I need to follow when taking the WSU MPA?
- May I practice before going to the WSU MPA?
- Is the WSU MPA available in Spanish?
- Where do I go to access the WSU MPA?
- When should I take the WSU MPA?
- Does progress in an ALEKS Prep and Learning Module count towards placement?
- What if my computer crashes while taking the assessment?
- What type of computer do I need to use?
- How many questions are on the WSU MPA?
- Once I answer a question, can I go back and change my answer?
- How is my score calculated?
- Do I need to install any plug-ins prior to taking the WSU MPA?
- Is there a fee for taking this assessment?
- How many times can I take the WSU MPA?
- How long are my placement scores valid?
- I just want to repeat my last math course. Do I need to take the WSU MPA?
- How can I find out what score I need on the WSU MPA?
- What if I have College Math credits, like AP, IB, or Running Start credits?
- What if I reassess and do worse?
- Where does my score appear?
- What can I do if my score does not place me where I would like to start?
- What happens if I get a message saying, "Our system does not recogize that you are set up to access the ALEKS system"?