- Visit http://math.wsu.edu
- Visit http://www.sci.wsu.edu/math. What do you notice?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:80. Does this look familiar?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:81.
- Visit http://126.96.36.199 and http://188.8.131.52/math . Obviously, we have just found several ways to contact the same computer, with different sites according to how we specify the URL.
- Find the name of the computer 184.108.40.206.
- Find the IP address of www.sci.wsu.edu.
- Visit http://math.wsu.edu/~kcooper What is the ~ about?
- Visit portal.wsu.edu:443 What is the 443 about?
- Visit https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 What is the ? about? How about the https?
- Visit ftp://ftp.wsu.edu. How does ftp differ from http? Try ftp://www.sci.wsu.edu.
The "final exam" for this course will take place at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, 12 December. This will be an ordinary 50 minute test. It will be comprehensive, but weighted toward the latter half of the semester. As always, paper notes will be permitted, but no electronic devices will be allowed.
A Solution example is available for the quiz.
Assignment A is posted.