- General Idea
- "Applications of Systems of Linear Equations" translates to solving word problems by
setting up and solving systems of linear equations.
- The same principles learned in
Sections 2.3 and 2.4: Word Problems
apply to this section. So review Sections 2.3 and 2.4 to remember how to solve word
- Some useful formulas are also given in Sections 2.3 and 2.4.
- How to Solve Word Problems Using Systems of Linear Equations
- Convert the word problem to 2 (or 3) equations in 2 (or 3) variables as in
Sections 2.3 and 2.4: Word Problems.
- Solve the system of linear equations as done in
Sections 4.1 and/or
- Examples we might do in class
- Review Exercise 36