- Visit http://math.wsu.edu
- Visit http://www.sci.wsu.edu/math.
What do you notice?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:80.
Does this look familiar?
- Visit http://www.math.wsu.edu:81.
- Visit http://184.108.40.206 and
Obviously, we have just found several ways to contact the same computer,
with different sites according to how we specify the URL.
- Find the name of the computer 220.127.116.11.
- Find the IP address of www.sci.wsu.edu.
- Visit http://math.wsu.edu/~kcooper What is the ~ about?
- Visit portal.wsu.edu:443
What is the 443 about?
- Visit https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
What is the ? about? How about the https?
- Visit ftp://ftp.wsu.edu. How does
ftp differ from http? Try ftp://www.sci.wsu.edu.
Assignment 6 is posted.
The midterm exam will take place Monday, 16 October. As with all
exams, all paper notes may be used, but no electronic devices
are permitted. There is a sample exam