This assignment requires you to make a web page at your class web site. The file containing the web page must be named index.html (note that the first letter is a lower case i), and must contain the following elements.
- A heading (using an HTML heading entity) containing your name
- One or more autobiographical paragraphs. The paragraphs do not have to be true, but must be well written, and enclosed in <p> tags.
- A minor heading (using an HTML heading entity such as h2) describing the following list
- An unordered list (use HTML ul tags) of your three favorite activities or hobbies. Again, you can make these up, if you do not wish to share important personal information with the NSA.
- A minor heading (using an HTML heading entity) describing the following table
- A table with a column labeled "Location", a column labeled "State/Country", and a third labeled "MHO". The first column should be filled with the name of your favorite place; the second should tell what country or U.S. state that place is located in; and the third should offer a brief assessment of what you like about the place, in your humble opinion. The table should have a one-pixel border, with no cell borders, and should fill the width of the page. If you like more than one place, you may make additional rows.
- An image, possibly of you. You may use sftp (e.g. Filezilla or WinSCP) to transfer it to the server. Do not use .bmp files.
- A link to the main mathematics page at www.math.wsu.edu.
The assignment must look good over the Internet in Mozilla Firefox. It must be named index.html (with a lower case i... had I mentioned that?) in your web directory.
This assignment is worth 40 points, and must be posted by 9:00 AM on Tuesday, 29 August. It is turned in when it appears on your public directory under the name (wait for it!) index.html.
Hint: Take care to look at your assignment after you post it, using the web address:
Note that the link is created using the <a> tag, and the image is made using the <src> tag. See the cheat sheet.
Note that the reason we call this index.html is that the page then becomes the default for your web site. You will not see other pages on the site unless you link them usin the <a> tag.
The "final exam" for this course will take place at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, 12 December. This will be an ordinary 50 minute test. It will be comprehensive, but weighted toward the latter half of the semester. As always, paper notes will be permitted, but no electronic devices will be allowed. A sample exam is available.
A Solution example is available for the quiz. The solution to Test 1 is still available too.
The ultimate assignment is posted.