Topics Covered in Math 525
We will cover nearly all of the material in chapters 1-5, 9 of the text
Topology, Second Edition
by James R. Munkres,
Prentice Hall, 2000, ISBN 0-13-181629-2.
Return to Math 525 main page
- 1. Set Theory and Logic (background material, covered lightly)
- 2. Topological Spaces and Continuous Functions
- 3. Connectedness and Compactness
- 4. Countability and Separation Axioma
- 5. The Tychonoff Theorem
- 9. The Fundamental Group
- Time permitting, we will discuss selected results from Chapters 10-13.