Instructor and Director of the Math Learning Center (MLC)
Office: Cleveland 130E
Phone: (509) 335-0844
- PhD, Mathematics, Washington State University, May 2012
- MS, Mathematics, Washington State University, May 2009
- BA, Mathematics, University of Southern California, May 2004
- Currently working primarily in Number Theory (Elementary, Analytic, Computational, and Cryptography) and Combinatorics
- Hamlin, N. (2017) Number in Mathematical Cryptography. Open Journal of Discrete Mathematics, 7, 13-31. doi: 10.4236/ojdm.2017.71003.
- Hamlin, N., Krishnamoorthy, B., and Webb, W. (2015). A Knapsack-Like Code Using Recurrence Sequence Representations. Fibonacci Quarterly. 1(53), 24-33.
- Recurrence Representations by Hamlin, Nathan Gregory, PhD, Washington State University, ProQuest, UMI Dissertations Publishing, 2012. 3517397.
- Hamlin, N. and Webb, W. (2012). Representing Positive Integers as a Sum of Linear Recurrence Sequences. Fibonacci Quarterly. 2(50), 99-105.
- Phys.org: Mathematician breaks down how to defend against quantum computing attacks
- WSU News: Mathematicians build code to take on toughest cyber attacks
- The Spokesman Review: Quantum leap: WSU grad student, adviser craft next-level cybersecurity code
- International Conference on the Fibonacci Numbers, June 2016, University of Caen, France
- Quantum Science Symposium, September 2015, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- International Conference on the Fibonacci Numbers, July 2014, Rochester, New York
- National Security Agency, April 2013, Fort Meade, Maryland
- Institute for Defense Analysis, June 2012, Bowie, Maryland
- Western Number Theory Conferences, December
2010,2011,2013, Orem, UT; Monterey, CA
- International Conference on the Fibonacci Numbers, July 2010, Morelia, Mexico
- National GK-12 Summit, March 2010, Washington D.C.
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Summer 2010, Berkeley, CA
Awards and Honors
- Nancy J. Robertson Fellow, 2010 - 2011
- NSF STEM Fellow, 2008-2010
- NSF GK-12 Fellow, 2005-2006
- USC Renaissance Scholar, 2004
- USC Trustee Scholar, 1999-2004
- Mathematical Reasoning and Proof
- Calculus I, II, III
- Exploring Mathematics
- "Upward Bound" Summer Program