INFORMATION for MATH 544/CPT S 531
Dr. Alan Genz
- Time and Place
- Dates: 15 weeks, January 7 - April 25, 2008
- Time: 1:25-2:40 TuTh; Site: Daggy 232
- Name: Alan Genz;
Email: alangenz AT wsu DOT edu
- Office: Neill 232;
Office hours: 2:45-3:45 TuTh, or by appointment.
- Fundamentals of Matrix Computations by David Watkins, Second Edition
- Text Coverage
- Chapters 1-5, part of 6.
For more details, see the course
- Chapter 1 Gaussian Elimination
- Chapter 2 Linear System Sensitivity
- Chapter 3 Least Squares Problems
- Chapter 4 Singular Value Decomposition
- Chapter 5-6 Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- The course grades will be based on eleven assignments. Some of the
assignments will require extensive computations with MATLAB, so students
are expected to be familiar with or prepared to learn MATLAB.
See the class schedule for more details
about the assignments.
Reasonable accommodations are available for
students who have a documented disability. Please notify the instructor
during the first week of class of any accommodations needed for the
course. Late notification may cause the requested accommodations to be
unavailable. All accommodations must be approved through the Disablity
Resource Center (DRC) in Administration Annex 205 (335-3417).
There is a Website for the course materials. All students in the
class are encouraged to use the course information available at