Elementary School Statistics Poster Competition
Three elementary schools participated in a statistics poster competition that was held on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at Jefferson Elementary School in Pullman, WA. The other two participating schools were Franklin Elementary of Pullman, WA, and Marie Curie STEM Elementary from Pasco, WA. The event was organized by Dean Johnson, WSU Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
The following prizes were given to students
- Math related books provided by the WSU Mathematics and Statistics Department
- Certificates for a free game of bowling at Zeppoz
- Certificates for a free visit to the Science Center
- Certificates for a free visit to the Aquatic Center
- Certificates of participation printed by Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
Sergey Lapin, Mark Lesperance and Xiongzhi Chen helped out with the judging.
Below are images of the top posters from each of the Grades K-3 and 4-6 categories. Some were entered in the American Statistical Association Data Visualization Poster Competition (http://www.amstat.org/asa/education/ASA-Statistics-Poster-Competition-for-Grades-K-12.aspx).