The American Mathematical Society (AMS)
Sectional Meeting #1128
April 22 - 23, 2017 (Saturday - Sunday)
The Spring Western Sectional Meeting was held at Washington State University in Pullman, Washington. Click here for the AMS Sectional Meeting Full Program (scroll down the page to see the full program).
- 8:00am - 11:00am Geometric Measure Theory and Applications: Six lectures
- Noon - 2:00pm Internships and Postgraduate Positions in Industry and the National Labs (free lunch for students). Hear from a panel of scientists with experience in internships and postgraduate positions in labs and industry. Clint Cole, co-founder of Heartstream (now called Philips HeartStart AED) and founder of Digilent, will give a short lunch talk.
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm Student and Early Career Poster Session (for students and early career mathematicians). Submit a poster on research or a purely expository poster on something that has inspired you. Frank Morgan will select a top exposition to appear in some form in a future AMS Notices edition. There will be other prizes as well.
For more information about the Analysis+Data Community please click here.
- Read what Frank Morgan had to say about the Pullman AMS Sectional Meeting.
- Read about Frank Morgan.
- Special thanks to Zoe Coffee & Kitchen for event catering.